The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations takes care of the health, safety and welfare while carrying out the construction of a project. Whether you are a client, client’s agent, designer or contractor CDM manages to ensure your approach to health and safety is coordinated and managed effectively throughout all the stages of the construction.
According to https://www.hse.gov.uk/ CDM helps to improve the health and safety by helping you to:
- sensibly plan the work so the risks involved are managed from start to finish
- have the right people for the right job at the right time
- cooperate and coordinate your work with others
- have the right information about the risks and how they are being managed
- communicate this information effectively to those who need to know
- consult and engage with workers about the risks and how they are being managed
The CDM Regulation requires the appointment of a coordinator whose duty is to provide the client with a project advisor for construction health and safety risk management matters. They work on ensuring proper co-ordination of the health and safety aspects of the construction along with the co-operation between project team members and prepare, review, amend or add to the health and safety file as the process goes on.
In KPCL Structure, we can help you with the CDM Regulations health and safety aspects by providing professional coordinators, who will manage your construction project’s health and safety aspects.