Structural reports are usually delivered after a structural survey is made of the building or the structural defect along with the property and its environment. Structural report is a comprehensive report on the condition of a property.
- A structural report will usually cover the following matters:
- A brief description
- The extent of damage or defect
- A general calculation of structure
- An opinion about the cause of the damage
- What measures to take
- Further investigation
- Recommendation for next step
- Any health and safety issues concerned
Some structural reports may not need site investigation. These will only include some initial advice without extensive details. It will be covered by a full structural report with the defect, causes of the defect and recommendations.